Automate your research with RSS feeds

Hello, my name is Molly and I am addicted to my Feed reader. If you don’t use a Feed reader, it is a site that helps keep you up to date with your favorite news, blogs, journals, and even database searches. I stay better informed through my feed reader with more current and relevant information that is specific to my information needs.

When you see the RSS symbol ,you can deliver the site content straight to your Feed reader.

1) Many of our library databases provide RSS feeds that will help you keep up to date with the Table of Contents for each new issue of your favorite journals.

2) Some of our databases allow you to set up a Database Topic Search RSS feed. After searching a specific topic in your favorite database, the database RSS feed will automatically send you any new articles that become published on your topic.

3) You can set up a RSS feed from your favorite Blog, and new blog posts will be delivered straight to your feed reader. Add the Roane State Library Blog http://roanestatelibraries.blogspot.com to your Feed reader and stay up to date with library news.

If you are interested in setting up a Feed reader, or learning more about database topic search alerts and table of content alerts, contact me stoverm@roanestate.edu for more information.