Some people go to the beach for Spring Break. We tear down walls.
Roane State's facilities are hard at work on Week Two of a renovation project on the Roane campus library 2nd floor.
The project helps the college get ready for the new Learning Support math pilot at the Roane campus in Fall 2011. Learning Support is the new name given to the course of study currently called Developmental Studies. The new Learning Support model will provide a supportive environment with math faculty and technology to help students move through models at their own pace with appropriate support from teachers and learning center specialists. You will hear more about Learning Support soon.
We are relocating a few offices in the library to accommodate the Learning Support computer lab.
Here's what we are doing in the nutshell:
We are also taking the opportunity to develop a more powerful teaching/learning environment in the Buddy and Kay Bowers Law Library upstairs. We are installing an interactive SmartBoard for presentations and new furniture that is more flexible to allow for mixed use of student study, faculty presentations, movie viewing and meetings. More specifics on that soon as well.
- Learning Support will be located where CTAT is now.
- CTAT will be located where Pat Pate and the audio-visual collection are now.
- Pat Pate and the audio-visual collection will be located where Lon Bird was located (L-204/205).
- Lon Bird's office is now in the Dunbar building as part of NTS.
- Interior wall was removed in the Learning Center to create a more open environment with direct access to Ben and Michael's offices.
We will keep you up to date with the project as it evolves. In the meantime, please bear with us as we make a little noise and move things around a bit. We think you will like the improvements.