On Wednesday, February 1, 2012, Roane State's WilsonWeb databases will be owned and operated by EBSCO rather than H.W. Wilson. EBSCO purchased H.W.Wilson, which no longer exists as its own company.
This change affects the following Roane State library databases:
- Wilson OmniFile
- Business Full Text
- Humanities Full Text
- Social Science Full Text
- General Science Full Text
- Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature.
All of these have been popular databases at Roane State. We will continue to have access to these products on the EBSCO, rather than WilsonWeb, platform.
What this means for Roane State:
If you have questions or concerns about this change, let us know. We believe this transition will have little negative impact on your access and use of these quality resources. We will help whenever that turns out not to be true.
- New database URLs: The database links on the Roane State library webpage have already been updated to direct you to the new EBSCO interface. The full-text content hasn't decreased. In some cases, we may actually receive more full-text on the new platform.
- Existing WilsonWeb database links should automatically redirect to the new EBSCO interface.
- We are told that existing WilsonWeb links will continue to automatically redirect to the new EBSCO platform indefinately. We hope this is true. To be safe, we encourage faculty to consider updating WilsonWeb links in their Momentum and RODP courses to point to the new URL. Molly Stover can help you with this.
- Personal WilsonWeb accounts and search folders will be lost on Wednesday, February 1. EBSCO also offers personal accounts and search folders, but you cannot migrate information from one platform to the other.
Labels: databases, Ebsco, WilsonWeb. h.w. wilson